| Tech Support
|AI & Tools|
- More citystates on mainland for Continents-Plus and Pangaea-Plus maps.
- Strategic resources distributed by player territory (but with more randomness than VEM).
- Coal, Oil, Aluminum, and Iron revealed earlier. (Metal Casting, Chemistry, Metallurgy, Bronze Working)
- Resources do not connect to trade network until trade techs.
- Oil wells and platforms are available at Dynamite. Aluminum connects at Flight.
- Mine, lumbermill, and village tech bonuses spread out across a longer time.
- Mines +1 Production at Industrialisation, +1 freshwater at Iron Working, +1 non freshwater at Gunpowder (was Chemistry)
- Lumbermills: +1 at Steam Power, +1 freshwater at Metal Casting, +1 non freshwater at Printing Press.
- Quarries +1 Production at Gunpowder
- Villages +1 Gold/+1 Science, +1 Gold Freshwater at Sailing, +1 Gold non-freshwater at Economics.
More valuable Great Person improvements.
- Citadel +3 Production, +3 Science, Adds +3/3 at Military Science.
- Academies +8 Science, adds +7 at Scientific Theory.
- Manufactories +8 Production, adds +7 at Industrialization.
- Landmarks +8 Culture, adds +7 at Archaeology.
- Customs House +8 Gold, adds +7 at Economics.
- Holy Sites + 8 Faith, +7 at Printing Press, +8 Culture at Theology. (No + Gold)
Early resources balanced in yield value.
- Wheat does not provide +1 Food until farmed (+2 total)
- Fish -1 Food/+1 Gold base, +2 Food on boats.
- Luxuries only +1 Gold base (down from 2, Gems 3).
- Cattle +1 Production/-1 Food base, +1 Food on pasture
- Pearls, Whales, Crab: +1 Production/-1 Food base, +1 Gold on boats.
- Coal +1 Production base, no bonus on mine
- Deer -1 Production/+1 Food when improved
- Salt -1 Gold base
- Citrus -1 Gold/+1 Food base
- Truffles -1 Gold/+1 Food base
- All resources improved further by city buildings
- Rivers: +1 gold only when improved.
- Coastlines: more atolls (isles). +1 Food
- Oceans: -1 Gold
- Islands: more stone, atolls, and coal (but less than VEM).
- Jungles: -1 Food. Can construct farms and lumbermills on jungle. Farms can be built on forests.
- Deserts: 2 move cost, +1 food on freshwater tiles, +1 gold on freshwater resources, Oasis value depends on surrounding desert. Cannot be farmed (except flood plains).
- Snow: +2 production on snow hills.
- Floodplains remain under newly-founded cities.
- Flat Terrain: -20% combat strength
- Rough Terrain: +10% combat strength
- Forests: 50 production on chopping
- Forts provide ZOC damage of 20 hit points. Cost 3 upkeep
Natural Wonders balanced:
- Barringer Crater: 6 Production, 3 Science
- Mt Fuji: 6 Culture, 3 Faith
- Grand Mesa: 6 Production, 3 Gold
- Fountain of Youth: 4 Food, 1 Happiness (down from 10), no unit promotion
- Cerro de Potosi: 6 Gold, 3 Production (down from 10 gold)
- Great Barrier Reef: 2 Food, 2 Production, 2 Science, 2 Gold (two square)
- Gibaltar: 2 Food, 2 Production, 4 Gold
- Krakatoa: 6 Science, 3 Production
- Old Faithful: 6 Science, 3 Gold (no happiness).
- El Dorado: 6 Gold, 3 Culture, 100 Gold to first discoverer (down from 500)
- Sri Pada: 4 Food, 3 Faith (no happiness).
- Mt Kailesh: 1 Happiness, 6 Faith
- Uluru: 2 Food, 3 Faith, 3 Culture
- Mt Sinai: 6 Faith, 3 Culture