- Ambush: +25% bonus versus armored, mounted, and vanguard class units. (was +33% x2 to armored).
- Charge: +1 Movement and +20% versus wounded units (was +33% versus wounded, no bonus move).
- Cover: +25% bonus versus ranged attacks (x2) (was 33% x 2).
- Removed Formation bonus (changed to Ambush).
- Siege: +50% attack and defence against cities and +30% attacking fortified units. (was 50% attack only versus cities).
- Logistics: provides additional ranged attack, but both attacks are now only at 75% ranged strength.
- Removed Boarding Party (changed to Targeting).
- Coastal Raider: +15% attack and defence (x3) versus cities (was +20% attack only x3). No change in gold per attack.
- Targeting 1: Also provides additional sight +1. (15% naval combat unchanged on all).
- Targeting 2: Also provides additional movement +1
- Targeting 3: Also provides additioanl sight +1.
- Naval Siege: +30% versus cities (attack and defense), +30% versus fortified units.
- Supply changed to Naval Recon: +1 Sight bonus, allows healing in enemy and neutral territory.
- Naval Recon 2: Allows withdrawal from enemy attacks (80%). +1 Moves.
- Astronomy allows ships to cross oceans and ice tiles.
- Anti-Submarine: +25% versus submarines (was 100%).
- All ranged ships have 50% defence against ranged attacks.
- Bombardment: +15% versus land units (x3) (was +33% x3).
- Air Targeting: +15% versus naval units (3x). (Was +33% x2).
- Air Siege: +15% attack and defence versus cities (3x) (was +33% x3).